* Frederick, Maryland is the North American headquarters for BP Solar product development, technology, sales & marketing, and manufacturing.
* We’re doubling our silicon wafer production capacity to 150MW to supply customers throughout North America and around the world
* Our $25 million facility expansion was completed in 2005
* Groundbreaking of $97 million expansion took place in July 2007.
Expansion plans include:
o Extensive on-site water recycling
o Bio-retention storm water management
o Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building aspects
* All products have ISO 14001 environmental certification and ISO 9001 quality process certification
* Our facility is the largest vertically integrated solar manufacturing plant in North America. This includes all parts of the manufacturing process – casting, wafering, cell lines, and module lines – to ensure quality throughout the process
* Our on-site wastewater treatment and point-of-use reclamation facilities save over 50,000 gallons of water per year through reduction, reuse, and recycling
* In the past five years, we have more than doubled wafer production, improving our water utilization by 20% and reducing our electricity consumption per unit by over 10%
Category: Companies - Headquarters