A former rampart. 1739-48 laid out as a "pleasance" with trees and walks for the then Prime Minister Count Brühl. After addition of the magnificent flight of steps (1814) made accessible to the public.
The discovery of European porcelain (by Böttger in 1708) was made in the vaults beneath the terrace.
View in Google Earth Categories: City Squares, Fountains
Links: www.dresden.de
By: neotrix
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement