The Brig o' Balgownie (originally Bridge of Don) is a 13th century bridge spanning the River Don in Old Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland. Construction of the bridge was begun in the late 13th century by Richard Cementarius, although its completion was not until 1320 at the time of the Scottish War of Independence. After falling into disrepair in the mid 16th century it was extensively renovated in 1605.
View in Google Earth Categories: Bridges - Pedestrian
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: LancelotLink
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement