This sports and entertainment venue opened in 1940 and closed in 1996 when the nearby HSBC Arena opened. After being vacant for 13 years, it was demolished in June 2009. The building was known by it's nickname "The Aud".
It's first regular tenant was the Bisons AHL minor league hockey team from 1940-70. It became the home of the Sabres NHL team from 1970-96 and the Braves NBA team from 1970-78. Indoor soccer, lacrosse, roller hockey, and college basketball teams also competed here.
The permanent seating capacity was 12,280 until an expansion project in 1970 increased it to 16,433.
A Bass Pro Shops sporting goods store will be built on this parcel of land.