Bull's Bridge

Bull's Bridge


Kent, Connecticut (CT), US
Bull's Bridge takes its name from Isaac and Jacob Bull, who started an ironworks here in 1760 and also built the first of at least five wooden bridges that have crossed this rocky, wooded gorge. The present span is believed to date from 1842. An example of the lattice truss patented by Ithiel Town in 1820, the bridge carries what was once a major highway from Hartford to Newburgh, New York, on the Hudson River.
Bull's Bridge takes its name from Isaac and Jacob Bull, who started an ironworks here in 1760 and also built the first of at least five wooden bridges that have crossed this rocky, wooded gorge. The present span is believed to date from 1842. An example of the lattice truss patented by Ithiel Town in 1820, the bridge carries what was once a major highway from Hartford to Newburgh, New York, on the Hudson River.
View in Google Earth Bridges - Covered Bridges
Links: www.past-inc.org
By: Tyco

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement