Burg Katz is a castle above the German town of St. Goarshausen in Rhineland-Palatinate. The magnificent setting for the castle is on a ledge overlooking the Rhine. It was first built around 1371 by Count Wilhelm II of Katzenelnbogen. The castle was bombarded in 1806 and was re-built between 1896 - 98.
It is now privately owned, and not open for visitors.
Though commonly known as Burg Katz, this is actually a diminutive of Castle New Katzenelnbogen (German: Burg Neukatzenelnbogen) after the original Burg Katzenelnbogen.