Burry Port Lifeboat Station (near Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Wales) first opened in 1887, with all funds coming from a legacy left by Mr and Mrs Barclay. The station was moved to Burry Port, due to the original lifeboat based at Llanelli being deemed too far away to be helpful; and the previous station based in Pembrey put at risk due to storms.
The station was closed for over half a decade between 1914 and 1973 as it was deemed un-needed by the RNLI.
The station currently operates a D class lifeboat named The Young Watsons.
By kkeps @ 2010-12-21 20:18:10