This bridge carried the Chicago & Northwestern Railway from Chicago to the C&NW depot in Milwaukee. The depot is long gone, and so are the rails north of this span. The right of way continued through Milwaukee, part of it is now a recreational trail.
At one time, this bridge carried C&NW's signature Twin Cities 400 passenger trains that operated from 1935 to 1963.
By CheesyCheetah @ 2011-04-05 16:17:21