Cape Bonavista Light is a lighthouse located on Cape Bonavista, Newfoundland. It was built between 1841 and 1843 to mark the entrances to Bonavista and Trinity Bays and to aid mariners headed for Labrador. It is the fourth oldest lighthouse in Newfoundland. The two-story wooden building is built around a masonry tower surmounted by a lantern. The first lamps and reflectors came from the Bell Rock Lighthouse in Scotland.. This apparatus was later replaced by a catoptric system from the Harbour Grace Lighthouse on the Isle of May in Scotland. In 1962 the lighthouse went dark, replaced by an electric light on a nearby steel skeleton tower.