Capela dos Ossos or Chapel of Bones is a small interior chapel located next to the Church of St. Francis. The Capela was built in the 1500's by a Franciscan monk who wanted to remind his brothers that they too would die (memento mori). Over the entrance to the chapel is a famous warning Nós ossos que aqui estamos pelos vossos esperamos (“We bones that here are, for yours await").
The estimated number of skeletons is 5,000. There are also two desiccated bodies dangling from ropes.
Direct link below.