It is there in the older LL view but torn out in the newer BEV view.
Nikos Goumas Stadium was a multi-use stadium in Nea Filadelfia, a west suburb of Athens, Greece. It was used mostly for football matches and was the home stadium of AEK Athens FC. "Nikos Goumas" Stadium is named after an old president of the club. He contributed to the building and later to the upgrading of the ground. It was previously known as "Nea Filadelfia Stadium" or simply "AEK Stadium".
Until 1979 it had a horseshoe-like shape. It was then that the double-tiered south stand was built, making it the largest stadium in Athens at the time This stand, and particularly its lower tier known as "Skepasti" (meaning "roofed"), is the home of the AEK ultras (called "Originals"). The capacity of the stadium was over 35,000 from the construction of this new stand in 1979, until the installation of seats on all stands in 1998. The stadium's capacity was 24,729 and was built in 1930. In 1998 AEK Athens decided to install 27,729 seats and reduced stadium's capacity from 35.000 to 24.000.
It was demolished in June 2003.
Categories: Sports - Soccer