The Castle of Berg (German: Schloss Berg) is situated at the east bank of Lake Starnberg in the village of Berg in Upper Bavaria.
The estate was acquired by Ferdinand Maria, Elector of Bavaria in 1676 who ordered to construct the Castle of Berg. It was the venue of numerous festivities also under his successors.
In 1849 King Maximilian II. instructed the architect Eduard Riedel to redesign the castle in neo-gothic style with several towers and a crenellate. The castle was also a summer residence of Maximilian's son Ludwig II of Bavaria who ordered to edify the chapel in 1876. On June 12 1886 Ludwig who was placed under disability shortly before was transported to Castle Berg. On June 13 searchers found the king dead, floating in the shallow water near the shore.
After World War II the castle was damaged by American soldiers and rebuilt only very simplified. Today the castle continues to be a home for the head of the house of Wittelsbach, currently Franz, Duke of Bavaria.