418-32: built by Friedrich Freyberg zu Hohenfreyberg, eldest son of Friedrich Freyberg von Eisenberg.
1481: sold by Georg von Freyberg to Archduke Sigmund of Austria, subsequently often mortgaged to rich patricians
1646: burned down along with the castle of Eisenberg and Falkenstein
1714: Baron von Freyberg-Eisenberg auf Runau bought the mortgage
1791: Austria redeemed the mortgage
1805: became Bavarian through the treaty of Pressburg