Of early-genoese origin, was built by the genoese in 1161. The main body of the upper castle, with its monumental gateway that leads to the surrounding ramparts and the grand "ipostila" hall built to a rectangular plan, belong to the period of reconstruction in 1458.
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles
Links: www.portovenere.it
By: Effi
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement