Catedral de Santa Ana

Catedral de Santa Ana


Santa Ana, El Salvador (SV)
Catedral de la Señora Santa Ana (literally, "Saint Anne's Cathedral" in Spanish), is a Gothic Cathedral located in Santa Ana, El Salvador.

Construction began on January 21, 1906 and it was consecrated on February 11, 1913. Construction, however, continued in the decades that followed until it was finally completed on February 24, 1959, when the marble altar to the Virgin Mary was consecrated and completed.

The cathedral was designed to look like a Gothic Cathedral in contrast to the Spanish Colonial Style of most of the cathedrals of El Salvador and the rest of Latin America. The North Tower features three bells that are activated manually, while The South Tower features three bells, brought from the Netherlands in 1949, which are activated electronically.
Catedral de la Señora Santa Ana (literally, "Saint Anne's Cathedral" in Spanish), is a Gothic Cathedral located in Santa Ana, El Salvador.

Construction began on January 21, 1906 and it was consecrated on February 11, 1913. Construction, however, continued in the decades that followed until it was finally completed on February 24, 1959, when the marble altar to the Virgin Mary was consecrated and completed.

The cathedral was designed to look like a Gothic Cathedral in contrast to the Spanish Colonial Style of most of the cathedrals of El Salvador and the rest of Latin America. The North Tower features three bells that are activated manually, while The South Tower features three bells, brought from the Netherlands in 1949, which are activated electronically.
View in Google Earth Religious - Christianity
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: DonMartini

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement