In 1809 Dom João VI ceded to the British two and a half acres of farmland along the shore of the bay. Lord Strangford, British Ambassador to the Emperor’s court, founded the cemetery, and the first burial took place in 1811.
View in Google Earth Categories: Cemeteries, Safari Submissions
Links: riotimesonline.com
By: adrbr
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement