Château de Hattonchâtel
By WacoKidd110 @ 2011-09-06 19:33:05
The Château de Hattonchâtel is a château in the commune of Vigneulles-lès-Hattonchâtel in the Meuse département of France.
The site was fortified in 860 by Hatto, Bishop of Verdun, whose name it bears, on a rocky promontory overlooking the Seine valley. The settlement became the chief stronghold of the bishops and also the location of their mint until 1546. In 1636 the retreating Swedes besieged and burnt most of the town.