Chapelle Expiatoire

Chapelle Expiatoire


Paris, France (FR)
The expiatory chapel was designed by the architect Pierre-François-Léonard Fontaine in 1815, at Louis XVIII's request. It was built on the site of the cemetery where Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were buried after having been guillotined in the present place de la Concorde in 1793. This unknown masterpiece is the symbol of the Restoration.
The expiatory chapel was designed by the architect Pierre-François-Léonard Fontaine in 1815, at Louis XVIII's request. It was built on the site of the cemetery where Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were buried after having been guillotined in the present place de la Concorde in 1793. This unknown masterpiece is the symbol of the Restoration.
View in Google Earth Religious - Christianity
Links: www.monuments-nationaux.fr
By: kjfitz

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement