Chester Village Cemetery

No Thumbnail
Chester Village Cemetery
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Birds Eye Birds Eye Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By neotrix @ 2012-08-30 10:42:53
Chester Village Cemetery was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
According to the state historical marker at the site, "This graveyard, one of the oldest in the state, was purchased by Col. John Blunt for 70 pounds in 1751. Signed stones by the finest stone sculptors in New England are found here. Among these craftsmen are: Stephen and Abel Webster, John Marble, John Wright and Timothy Eastman. Revolutionary heroes rest here as well as two governors of the state, Samuel and John Bell, William Richardson, Chief Justice of the N.H. Supreme Court, Isaac Blasdel the clockmaker, and others."
Views by date
143
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated

Categories

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Similar maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Share: