Actually a group of four temples originally occupied by the Choijin Lama Livsankhaidav, the brother of the ruler Bogd Khan, who was the state oracle at the same time. The complex was begun in 1904 and completed in 1908. In 1938 the Stalinist government converted the complex into a museum.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - Culture, Religious - Buddhism
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kkeps
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement