Cholmondeley Castle

Cholmondeley Castle


Cholmondeley, United Kingdom (GB)
The present house was built between 1801 and 1804 by George Cholmondeley, 1st Marquess of Cholmondeley. It was designed by the local architect William Turner who was directed by the Marquess to give it the appearance of "an old Gothic Castle". In 1817–19 Robert Smirke added turrets and towers to give it its present castle-like appearance.
The present house was built between 1801 and 1804 by George Cholmondeley, 1st Marquess of Cholmondeley. It was designed by the local architect William Turner who was directed by the Marquess to give it the appearance of "an old Gothic Castle". In 1817–19 Robert Smirke added turrets and towers to give it its present castle-like appearance.
View in Google Earth Castles, Homes - Historic
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: LancelotLink

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement