The church was completed in 1892 and and is a great example of Neoclasical facade. Inside the church is the "The Lord Of the True Cross" (El Señor de la Vera Cruz) a wooden statue of Christ. The piece was destined for a church in Veracruz, Mexico, but the ship carrying the statue was driven back by bad weather three times. This was taken as divine intervention by the locals.
Religious - Christianity, Buildings - Religious