Church of the Nativity

Church of the Nativity


Menlo Park, California (CA), US
The chapel was first dedicated in 1872 by the Archbishop of San Francisco to serve growing towns from Mountain View to Redwood City. As the parish grew, the church was moved twice and expanded, but the basic cruciform plan remains the same. It is constructed of native redwood, painted white, and features brilliant stained glass windows. The beautiful rose window was added in 1900. The church survived the great earthquake of 1906 almost intact (but the rectory was heavily damaged).
The chapel was first dedicated in 1872 by the Archbishop of San Francisco to serve growing towns from Mountain View to Redwood City. As the parish grew, the church was moved twice and expanded, but the basic cruciform plan remains the same. It is constructed of native redwood, painted white, and features brilliant stained glass windows. The beautiful rose window was added in 1900. The church survived the great earthquake of 1906 almost intact (but the rectory was heavily damaged).
View in Google Earth Religious - Christianity
Links: www.waymarking.com
By: kkeps

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement