City of Adelaide
By Hinkkanen @ 2006-06-05 13:58:53
City of Adelaide, one of the few surviving clipper ships, was built in 1864 to carry both passengers and cargo between Great Britain and Australia. In 1893 she was bought to serve as a floating hospital in Southampton and from 1923 to 1956 she was used as a Royal Naval Reserve drill ship at Greenock. There were plans to restore her but in February 2006 it was announced that as the hull was in worse condition than anticipated, an application would be put forward for recorded deconstruction.