"The Tee Pee" is a relic from an earlier time, when Indians were evidently giants who built their homes to last. The main teepee building design was actually patented by its creator, Frank W. McDonald, in 1930, so the structure likely went up in the late 1920s, well ahead of later Wigwam Villages. It's 50-feet tall, 33-ft. in diameter, and was the centerpiece of a US 40 roadside complex "Indian Village" that included a gas station, restaurant and motor court of smaller teepee cabins.
The 14 teepee cabins are long demolished. Today what remains is a one-floor building with a teepee on either end, and the main teepee. The pole rigged to a sail-like flange gracing the original design is also gone. Marks on the side of this age-stained structure indicate the high water marks from Kansas River floods in 1951 and 1935.
It appears to be closed currently, with no sign of future plans for reopening.