Just north of Chicago Naval Air Station Glenview had a history that spanned from its beginnings as Curtiss-Reynolds Field when it was first built in 1929 and ended as NAS Glenview when it closed in 1995, ending its days as a naval training facility and reserve base.

The control tower of the base is now part of a mall that is part of an extensive commercial and residential development of the former base.

The road in front of the facade of this mall that incorporates NAS Glenview's tower is named Tower Road....
View in Google Earth Categories: Retail - Misc, Towers - Misc, Military - Historic - Closed Facility
By: LoneStarOne
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement