A truly unique Museum experience, The Corning Museum of Glass offers:
* The world's best collection of art and historical glass. More than 45,000 objects trace 3,500 years of glassmaking history.
* Hands-on exhibits that tell the story of the science and technology behind innovations in glass.
* Live, narrated glassblowing demonstrations all day, every day.
* Walk-in Workshops, the Museum's unique try-it-yourself glassmaking program.
* A fully equipped glassworking Studio offering year-round courses in all levels of glassmaking.
* The Rakow Research Library, the world's library of record and the finest collection of research materials related to the art, history, craft and technology of glass.
* An 18,000 square-foot GlassMarket, where you can purchase glass treasures from around the world.
Some interesting photos at http://www.cmog.org/index.asp?pageId=1273, where you can see the odd shaped area at the SW corner.