La Fiorentina was built in 1917 by the countess Therese de Beauchamp on a vast piece of land which occupies the extreme end of the Saint Hospice point of the Saint Jean Cap Ferrat peninsula.
Homes - Famous, Residential
Beauchamp later sold the property to Sir Edmund Davis, a diamond magnate and a large art collector. During this period, the famous Italian writer, Gabriele d’Annunzio stays in the property, just a short time before he is proclaimed lord and prince of Monte-Nevoso. In 1939, La Fiorentina was purchased by Lady Kenmere, who was sometimes viciously referred to as “Lady Kilmore” with reference to her three ex husbands who had passed away. It was the son of her last husband Roderick Cameron, who was passionate about landscaping and gardens, the man who opened the Golden Riviera. Cameron organized large parties and received many celebrities such as Greta Garbo, Elizabeth Taylor, Somerset Maugham who loved to play bridge with the hostess. Even though the park has been reduced to 30 000 m², the Villa Fiorentina with its two swimming pools, remains one of the largest properties on Saint Jean Cap Ferrat.