Crosby Hall was built in Bishopsgate in the City of London in 1466 for the wool merchant Sir John Cosby. Over the years, a list of notables lived there which included Richard III. In 1672 there was a fire that left only the Great Hall and Parlour Wing standing. It then became a Presbyterian Meeting House and later a warehouse. In the early years of the 20th century demolition threatened the building but in 1910 it was moved to its current location at Cheyne Walk on the banks of the River Thames in Chelsea where additions were made.
By chaswatson @ 2015-12-26 03:09:39