Della Grazie Battery is a fortification by the British on the island of Malta. It stands above the shore to the east of Grand Harbour, close to the present day town of Xghajra. Construction started in 1888 and was completed in March 1893. The battery was constructed to take advantage of the improved breech loading guns then coming into service. It was equipped with two 6 inc and two 10 inch breech loading guns in disappearing mounts.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: adrbr
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement