There has been an estate at Ditton Park since before 1066. The present house which may have been first built around 1500 was badly damaged by fire in 1812. One of the features is the moat which surrounds the House and the immediates grounds. Park areas lie to the North and West of the moat. In 1917 the property was taken over for the Admiralty Compass Observatory, which utilised the house and its immediate grounds until it was sold to Computer Associates in the 1990s. It has now been restored and re-landscaped and functions as a conference centre.
View in Google Earth Categories: Mazes, Castles
Links: communities.ca.com
By: Hinkkanen
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement