Holy-Trinity Serafimo-Diveevsky Monastery (Russian: Свято-Троицкий Серафимо-Дивеевский Монастырь is a monastery of nuns (convent). It is situated in a region considered to have immense spiritual significance. The convent is famous because Saint Seraphim Sarovsky served as Staretz (Elder) for the nuns of this monastery, though he only travelled to the convent once during his lifetime. He was a monk at the nearby Sarovsky Monastery. The monastery started with the Church of Our Lady of Kazan (Kazanskaya), built in 1773-1780. Saint Seraphim blessed the construction of two churches adjoined to Kazanskaya: The Church of the Nativity of Christ (1829) and the Church of the Nativity of Theotokos (1830). The large Trinity Cathedral with its bell tower was constructed in 1865-1875. The Office of the Hegumenia (Abbess) with it Mary Magdalen House Church and the Alexander Nevsky Trapeza Church were built in the end of the 19th century. Finally. the Transfiguration Cathedral was built in 1907-1916.
Religious - Christianity