The Douglas A-26 Invader (B-26 between 1948-1965) was a twin-engined light attack bomber built by the Douglas Aircraft Co. during World War II that also saw service during several of the Cold War's major conflicts. A limited number of highly modified aircraft served in combat until 1969. The last A-26 was retired from service in 1972 by the National Guard Bureau and donated to the National Air and Space Museum.
RB-26C was an unarmed photo reconnaissance variant converted from B-26C; it carried cameras and flash flares for night photography. Redesignated from FA-26 reconnaissance aircraft.
By kjfitz @ 2008-01-24 18:04:22