The castle was built by the Hynes clan in 1520, a family who may have been associated with the area since 662, when the site is believed to have once been the royal palace of Guaire Aidne mac Colmáin, the legendary king of Connacht and progenitor of the clan.
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles, Buildings - Misc
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: LancelotLink
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement