First Church of Christ, Scientist, is an historic Christian Science church edifice located at 475 North Kingshighway Boulevard , corner of Westminster Place, in St. Louis, Missouri. Built in 1903-1904, it was designed as a stone building in the Classical Revival style of architecture by Edward Gordon Garden of Mauran, Russell and Garden and was the first institutional commission of that fledgling firm. Cost concerns, though, resulted in it being built of brick. It is a contributing property in the Holy Corners Historic District which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 29, 1975.
By kkeps @ 2012-03-14 20:02:33