Station name: Foggathorpe

Opened: 1.8.1848

Note: The line opened from this date but it is uncertain when the first train used the station. It is likely that trains called at the station on market days although it is not named in public timetable until November 1851.

Closed: 20.9.1954 (for passengers)

Closed completely: 27.1.1964

Present state: Both platforms are extant although now heavily overgrown. The base of one of the platforms shelters survives, and concrete lamp posts and concrete supports for the station signs can also be seen. In the goods yard the overgrown cattle dock is extant as is the approach ramp up to the coal drops. The coal drops have been demolished.
View in Google Earth Categories: Abandoned, Transportation - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement