Former Greatstone-on-Sea Halt

Former Greatstone-on-Sea Halt


Greatstone-on-Sea, United Kingdom (GB)
Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was opened 4.7.1937 and closed 6.3.1967. Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was part of the New Romney and Dungeness branches in England.

Today the platform has been demolished and now leaves a slightly raised area of ground. The large concrete forecourt is still extant and is now used for residential parking. An access road for a school car park now runs across the location of the platform.

Note: Greatstone-on-Sea Halt had a big forecourt, because they expected a lot of holiday traffic - but it never came.
Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was opened 4.7.1937 and closed 6.3.1967. Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was part of the New Romney and Dungeness branches in England.

Today the platform has been demolished and now leaves a slightly raised area of ground. The large concrete forecourt is still extant and is now used for residential parking. An access road for a school car park now runs across the location of the platform.

Note: Greatstone-on-Sea Halt had a big forecourt, because they expected a lot of holiday traffic - but it never came.
View in Google Earth Transportation - Rail, Buildings - Misc
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement