Former Horderley Railway Station

Former Horderley Railway Station


Craven Arms, United Kingdom (GB)
Horderley Station was opened March 1866 (first in timetable) and closed 20.4.1935. Horderley Station was part of the Bishop's Castle Railway and it went from Craven Arms to Montgomery in Wales.

Today the stationmaster's bungalow is now a private house, but has been extended. Restoration work has also been undertaken and includes; installation of a GWR signal post, running-in board with the station's name on it and the edge stones and brick-facing on the remaining platform mound has been replaced and now shows a small section of platform. There's also a totem sign on the bungalow.
Horderley Station was opened March 1866 (first in timetable) and closed 20.4.1935. Horderley Station was part of the Bishop's Castle Railway and it went from Craven Arms to Montgomery in Wales.

Today the stationmaster's bungalow is now a private house, but has been extended. Restoration work has also been undertaken and includes; installation of a GWR signal post, running-in board with the station's name on it and the edge stones and brick-facing on the remaining platform mound has been replaced and now shows a small section of platform. There's also a totem sign on the bungalow.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement