Former "The Temporary" Railway Station

Former "The Temporary" Railway Station


St Helier, United Kingdom (GB)
Before the extension of the railway to Corbiére the small station at the quarries was used as a terminus. This small station was frequently used by the quarry workers and some locals living nearby. When the extension to Corbiére was finished, the quarry station closed and a small un-named halt was opened on the extension. It was mainly used by the quarry workers, but also used by the public, if requested. The halt had no name or building, just one platform. The halt was locally known as "The Temporary".

The halt opened sometime c. 1899 and the closure date is unknown (the railway closed in 1936). The Jersey Railways Company opened the halt and the company closing it was unknown.

What's left today:
The trackbed has been converted into a walking path and the platform mound is all that remains of the station.
Before the extension of the railway to Corbiére the small station at the quarries was used as a terminus. This small station was frequently used by the quarry workers and some locals living nearby. When the extension to Corbiére was finished, the quarry station closed and a small un-named halt was opened on the extension. It was mainly used by the quarry workers, but also used by the public, if requested. The halt had no name or building, just one platform. The halt was locally known as "The Temporary".

The halt opened sometime c. 1899 and the closure date is unknown (the railway closed in 1936). The Jersey Railways Company opened the halt and the company closing it was unknown.

What's left today:
The trackbed has been converted into a walking path and the platform mound is all that remains of the station.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement