Former Ventnor West Railway Station

Former Ventnor West Railway Station


Ventnor, United Kingdom (GB)
Ventnor West was a station on Isle of Wight. The station opened 1st June 1900 and closed 15th September 1952. The station was opened by the Newport, Godshill & St. Lawrence Railway and closed by British Railways (Southern Region).

What's left today:
The station has been demolished. However, the station building has been restored and still stands today as a private residence. The rest of the station (the platforms) were demolished to make room for Castle Close, which is a small residence road that now follows part of the trackbed.
Ventnor West was a station on Isle of Wight. The station opened 1st June 1900 and closed 15th September 1952. The station was opened by the Newport, Godshill & St. Lawrence Railway and closed by British Railways (Southern Region).

What's left today:
The station has been demolished. However, the station building has been restored and still stands today as a private residence. The rest of the station (the platforms) were demolished to make room for Castle Close, which is a small residence road that now follows part of the trackbed.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement