Fort Cass was built in 1861 by the Union Army as part of a series of forts to defend Washington, D.C. during the Civil War. By 1865 there were 33 earthen fortifications in the Arlington Line. Built on top of the rise east of this marker, this lunette fort was named for Colonel Thomas Cass, whose regiment constructed the fort.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries, Events - Historical
Links: www.hmdb.org
By: LancelotLink
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement