Fort Jackson

Fort Jackson (Google Maps)
No Thumbnail
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By kjfitz @ 2005-08-14 18:36:01
Named for James Jackson, the fort is the oldest standing fort in Georgia.
During the War of 1812 the fort was armed with 24 pounder cannon and manned by Georgia State Militia, the 8th U.S. Infantry and the 2nd U.S. Artillery.
Views by date
369
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10
4.3 (12 votes)

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Contrail over Savannah & the Savannah River
Bonaventure Cemetery
1996 Olympic Yachting cauldron
Stubbs Tower Imploded 12/15/2007
Florence Martus Statute
The Pirate’s House (Est. 1753)
Savannah Riverfront Plaza flag pole
Stubbs Tower Imploded 12/15/2007
Savannah Int'l Trade and Convention Center
Savannah Candy Kitchen
Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa
1953 and 1948 Chevrolet Police Cars
Similar maps
Tsar Bomba, Biggest Nuke Ever!
Former Nazi German Concentration Camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau
Osama Bin Laden Compound as seen on BBC
USS Arizona (BB-39) Memorial
Fink II (Recently rediscovered U-boat pens)
Hitler's last bunker
RAF Dunsfold (Top Gear test track)
Wewelsburg Castle
Guard Post (OP) Ouellette
Alamo, The
Omaha Beach
Camp Greaves
Share: