Battery 121 (1943 - 1948), armed with two casemated 16-inch MkIIM1 Navy guns on M4 barbette carriages (1943 - 1948). Built of reinforced concrete and steel covered with earth between 1942 and 1943. The gun shields had not been installed by 1944.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
jbottero picture
@ 2012-11-21 17:31:27
Apparently it's being used for something commercial these days - see Google and Bing...
Advertisement