As the Geneva region has been considered the cradle of horology since the 15th century, how could the Franck Muller firm not make it its home ? Franck Muller Watchland, a highly evocative name, is located in Genthod, a small village that enjoys exceptional views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, just a short distance from Geneva.
The main building was originally a neo-gothic style country house built in 1905 which was designed by the Geneva architect Edmond Fatio. Due to the incredible success experienced by the brand, the firm was forced to expand and, consequently, two buildings in the same style were built to house workshops for watchmakers, engravers and jewellers, as well as workshops for case machining, galvanoplasty, decoration and polishing.
The elegantly refined park contributes to the unity of style of this architectural complex, while adding to the site’s exceptional panorama. The beauty of the site, which can only stimulate creative genius, is a real source of pleasure. In addition to its majestic beauty, Watchland is the heart of the Franck Muller Group and is truly strategically important.
As such, the components of the movement, as well as the parts that make up the covering of the watch (dials, cases, buckles and tongues), are created in the various Franck Muller production sites located in the Jura Arc and are then taken to Watchland to be finished and ultimately assembled.
Watchland is therefore the heart of all Franck Muller Genéve brand timepieces.
Category: Famous Architects