Glamorgan, the name given to this impressive castle by builder and owner Col. William Henry Morgan, was built in 1904-1905, and occupied in 1909. Morgan was president and owner of the Morgan Engineering Company, founded by Thomas Rees Morgan, his father.

Glamorgan is not a copy of a castle in Wales or anywhere else. It is the original design of an architect, Willard Hirsh, and cost about $400,000 to complete. The walls are at least 13 inches thick. It features a very rare crystal chandelier. Glamorgan became the property of the Alliance City School District in 1973. [Stephanie Spicer, 04/23/2006]
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles
Links: www.aviators.stark.k12.oh.us
By: kjfitz

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload