Glasgow City Chambers
By neotrix @ 2009-09-20 00:41:11
The City Chambers in Glasgow, Scotland is the headquarters of Glasgow City Council, located on the earned side of the city's George Square. The building was constructed between 1882 and 1888 by the architect William Young and is an eminent example of Victorian civic architecture. Inaugurated in August 1888 by Queen Victoria, the first council meeting was held within the buildings in October 1889.