A shut down fossil fuel power plant in Pasadena (built in the 1920's). At the southeast portion of the site is a newer gas turbine (also not operational). Note the fountain at the northwest corner of the site; this was used at one time used to cool water used by the fossil plant.
View in Google Earth Categories: Abandoned, Power - Coal
By: robsv
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Anonymous picture
Anonymous
@ 2009-04-16 05:06:29
The fountain was not used to cool the plant, but rather it was used to help cool an office building belonging to the City of Pasadena just north of the old Glenarm plant.
Piping was run through a tunnel under the street and over to the fountain. Water circulated through the chillers and then out to the fountain where it cooled and was recirculated back again.
Advertisement