The 19th century barque, built in Port Glasgow, was launched in 1896. In 1899 she was renamed Islamount and in 1920 she was sold to Italy and in 1922 renamed Clarastella. In the same year she became a Spanish Navy training ship and was again renamed. She became the Galatea. She was taken out of active service in 1969 and used as a stationary training ship until 1981. She was sold to the Clyde Maritime Trust in 1992 and brought back to the Clyde where she had her name restored to the Glenlee.
Category: Sea - Cargo