Station name: Holton-le-Clay

Opened: 1.3.1848

Closed: 3.7.1955 (for passengers)

Closed completely: 25.5.1964

Present state: Although the platforms have been demolished the cattle dock survives as does the station house which is largely unaltered and in private occupation. Level crossing gate posts survive on both side of the road and a signal post stands opposite the site of the north platform. The goods yard is used as an industrial vehicle depot.
View in Google Earth Categories: Transportation - Rail
Links: www.disused-stations.org.uk
By: Drudii
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement