Imperial Bank of Canada
By kkeps @ 2011-10-01 17:30:22
On this site the Imperial Bank of Canada opened the first branch of the bank in Winnipeg on January 4, 1881. The original Robertson Block was replaced in 1906 with the present building which later became the main branch of the Imperial Bank of Canada as well as housing the offices of the Western Superintendent. The Imperial Bank later amalgamated with the Canadian Bank of Commerce in 1961 to become the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.